Networking Activities (NA) are a core element of GEOLAB, culminating in workshops and other outreach events that foster a digital and In Real Life community, thereby providing a productive channel to communicate with the different stakeholder groups. GEOLAB will showcase effective data output and project results through our website and knowledge platform and will facilitate coordination and promote collaboration across Critical Infrastructure (CI) research and industry organisations.
The themed networking events for stakeholders and the reinforcement of partnerships are vital to GEOLAB in order to further explore research needs, identify high potential technologies and facilitate interaction. These will enable advances in capabilities of the Research Infrastructure and key projects will be presented to stimulate ideas for TA Projects.
GEOLAB Introductory Webinar 23/06/2021
GEOLAB First Networking Event 01/12/2021
GEOLAB Second Networking Event 16/11/2022
GEOLAB Third Networking Event 2023
- OUTREACH TO NEW USERS – Raise awareness of GEOLAB project and project outputs amongst local/regional/national government, research, media and education and training stakeholders.
- BUILDING A VIRTUAL COMMUNITY – The consortium participants are distributed throughout Europe and therefore the creation of a virtual community is essential for communication between project members and to enable data exchange within the project.
- TRAINING NEXT GENERATION RESEARCHERS – GEOLAB will broaden its reach to the NG of researchers by developing the following training opportunities: (i) Internships for high-potential NG researchers at TA providers; (ii) Training workshops to learn a range of skills related to experimental research; and (iii) Online instruction videos that can be accessed via the GEOLAB website.
- THEMED WORKSHOPS FOR STAKEHOLDERS – The themed networking events for stakeholders and the reinforcement of partnerships are vital to GEOLAB in order to further explore research needs, identify high potential technologies and facilitate interaction. This channel of communication will also help advance capabilities of the Research Infrastructure and key projects presenting new ideas for TA Projects.
- FORESIGHT STUDIES – Results from our Foresight Studies will be aimed towards researchers, engineers, CI managers and policy makers and focus particularly on how ground-breaking research in GEOLAB-relevant fields can contribute to improving the resilience of the CI of Europe in the urban, water, transport and energy sectors. These studies will specifically point towards growing areas of recent innovative developments and directions for further research, which will deliver broad scientific and societal impact.
- INNOVATION – Through GEOLAB project’s Innovation work we will engage with SMEs for manufacturing of specialized parts for physical models and parts for the measurements systems (e.g. sensors). Collectively with the industry, the project will explore the possibilities of cross cutting technologies, such as MEMS, robotics, 3D printing, high speed cameras and fibre optic sensing. Dedicated workshops will be organised to strengthen the co-creation of ideas and solution.