The impact of our TA projects will be enhanced by building links with our Joint Research Activities (JRAs) and by targeted calls for TA proposals. The JRAs are crucial to create synergy and stimulate innovation of the GEOLAB RI beyond present state-of-the-art.
Joint Research Activities (JRA)
The JRA’s main objectives are:
1. Integrate and synergize the experimental research infrastructure in the disciplines of subsurface behaviour (soil mechanics and hydrogeology), engineering (geotechnical, structural, engineering geology and environmental) and data science (ICT, advanced data analyses and virtual access)
2. Improve physical modelling and measurements techniques beyond present state-of-the-art that allow for studying complex and interdisciplinary effects
3. Provide guidance on and integrate data management methods (standardization); establish an open access database of well documented experiments for efficient data exchange between installations and re-use of experiment data sets.
The JRAs consist of the following components:
• JRA1 Guidance will improve and harmonize the operation of our installations by conducting an inventory of the installations and development of GEOLAB user’s manual, among others.
• JRA2 Innovation will enhance the capabilities of GEOLAB by advancing physical modelling of the impact of climate change, aging and extreme events on CI; developing 3D-4D measurement laboratory and field techniques; and application of new materials and new sensing techniques.
• JRA3 Data management will offer virtual access to a database of performed experiments that is suitable for future re-use of data and easy comparison across installations.
D08.01 Description Geolab Research
D08.05 Outcomes of
Advanced Workshop J1
D08.06 Outcomes of
Advanced Workshop J2
D09.01 GEOLAB Experimental Challenges and Technology Readiness
D09.02 Physical modelling of the impact of climate change
D09.03 New Materials, New Sensing and New Manufacturing Methods
D09.04 Monitoring and Characterization of Geo-Structures
D10.01 Data Management
D10.02 Report on Joint Standards
and Software Protocols
D10.03 Guidelines on Data Repository Rules Including DOI's
D10.04 Protocols for Consistent
Model-Building Across Facilities
D10.05 Report on Calibrated Material Properties Database
D20.01 POPD Requirements