Networking Activities (NA) are a core element of GEOLAB, culminating in workshops and other outreach events that foster a digital and In Real Life community, thereby providing a productive channel to communicate with the different stakeholder groups. GEOLAB will showcase effective data output and project results through our website and knowledge platform and will facilitate coordination and promote collaboration across Critical Infrastructure (CI) research and industry organisations.
2022 Networking Event
GEOLAB organised its second hybrid Networking Event on the 15th and 16th of November 2022 in collaboration with European Large Geotechnical Institutes Platform (ELGIP) at ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
Dedicated workshops were given by the University of Cambridge, TU Delft, ETH Zurich, CEDEX, NGI, Technical University of Darmstadt, University Gustave Eiffel and the University of Maribor. Esteemed guest speakers also presented on the day.
1.Innovative GB InRa system: For early warning and real time safety monitoring
2. Innovation to the new generation of rockfall nets and other Geobrugg products
3.Displacement based approaches for static & seismic design of geotechnical structures
4. Overview of Joint Research Activities
5. Physical modelling of the impact of climate change, extreme events & aging on CI
6. New materials, sensing, manufacturing in model and field
7. Remote sensing, geophysics and imaging technology in physical modelling
8. Panel Questions Foresight Study F1
9. Earthquake Risk Mitigation: Needs for resilience infrastructures
10. Resilience of the Critical Infrastructure of Europe
11. Resilience of the Critical Infrastructures of Europe
12. Reaction and Panel Discussion
Find further details in the agenda here: